Quality at Every Stage
Sumitomo is committed to delivering quality products and services at every stage of the process. The quality assurance team ensures that processes are in place to consistently meet or exceed our customers' expectations. We achieve this by implementing and measuring our quality performance both internally and throughout our supplier base. As an ISO 9001 certified facility, we have been recognized for our commitment to quality standards and continuous improvement.
April 2013 Quality MInute: Engineering Service Center
- August 2012: Project Management
- July 2012 : Engineering and Knowledge Management
- June 2012 : Human Resources
- March 2012 : Customer Service
- February 2012: On Time Delivery
- January 2011: Sumitomo's Quality Vision
Recent Quality Achievements:
- Development and Reporting of Departmental Metrics
- Development of a Supplier Quality Assurance Program
- Quality Technician added to Regional Facility
- Implementation of a New Material Review Board Process
- Leading Cross-Functional Kaizen Teams
- Critical Updates to Quality Documentation
- Cross-Training of Quality Control Personnel
- Development of Quality Plans and Documents for Major Product Families
Are you a Supplier?
To be considered as a Supplier, you must first fill out our Supplier Quality Questionnaire.
We welcome your feedback!
Do you have...
- Comments about the quality page?
- Suggestions for the quality team?
- Suggestions for quality minute subjects?
We desire your feedback. Please leave us your comments by contacting our Quality Specialist, Bob Beckwith at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 757-485-3355 ext. 8209
Locate Your Nearest Representative
Our comprehensive sales and service network extends throughout North and South America. Enter your zip code to find the Sumitomo facility, sales representative, and distributor in your region.
Sumitomo's product Configurator is live! Select the ideal Sumitomo product for your application, download 2-D and 3-D CAD drawings and
models, and print out a technical spec sheet of your configuration!
Click here to get started!